The 104th AATSP Annual Conference kicks off next week! Check out our five tips to help prepare graduate students for a successful conference.
- Download the Guidebook App to familiarize yourself with the agenda and to get real-time updates.
Having all of the event details right at your finger tips will help you to enjoy an efficient, productive, and informed experience. Review all of the conference sessions and automatically create a personalized, curated schedule based on your session interests, connect with attendees, see hotel floor plans, and get real-time updates on room changes or session cancellations.
- Follow SPR on Twitter to ask questions and connect with a wide audience of grad students and faculty.
Twitter is a free social networking service where you can engage in quick conversations with other scholars, grad students, faculty, and conference attendees! Twitter is open to the public, and you do not need to have your own Twitter account to access the content.
- Follow this thread on SPR Twitter where expert faculty share their conference tips for grad students.
Gather a variety of thoughts and advice from faculty experts and AATSP conference veterans. Tag them and ask specific questions about the conference!
- Attend the SPR Session for Graduate Students: Getting Your Work Noticed on Sat. July 9th at 4pm.
This session focuses on specific strategies and offers insight into how you can get your work noticed as a graduate student. The session will be led by SPR Editor, Stacey Johnson, and SPR Managing Editor of Communications, Lillian Jones. You will have the opportunity to learn, take notes, ask questions, share ideas, and connect with other grad students.
- Take a deep breath, smile, and have fun!
Please share your own thoughts about the conference or ask questions in the comments below!